Saturday, October 23, 2010

Your birthday


Beautiful Mom, so spunky always showing off:)

I love her "daisy dukes" in this one


Mom's birthday. When we were little....spending hours on the home made cards with LOTS of construction paper, colorful magic markers and crayola the masterpieces would be presented! Always with heartfelt thankfulness from the receiver. "I would rather have fourty of these cods then a paya of new shoes" (ie...fourty is forty, cods, would be cards, and paya is pair(wanted you to get the full effect):)
A little bit older, in the kitchen trying so hard to frost the cake! A pretty hard job making it look presentable when chunks of the cake don't spread easily with the frosting!! I carry it out trying not to look at the monstrosity in my hands, holding back tears I put it on the table only to receive excited clapping from my Mothers hands and questions of "what happened to it?" from my siblings.
One year I have babysitting money and she becomes the proud owner of slippers...size 10....her 7.5 feet just swim and they swam for the next five years in those monsters!
The next year we pool our funds and order a mothers ring from kmart. She wore it very proudly to her last breath, my brother wears it on a chain now.

Finally, she gets a real party, the hallmark card is perfect the bakery cake amazing the gifts pour in, her happiness and joy is the same.

Once we are in college and married she receives great gifts in the mail but we know she is not smiling as wide.

Her birthday last year was hard...I wrap up every night now in the beautiful blanket I gave her.

Yesterday was harder.
Very empty without her

Wanted to say so much . I whisper" happy birthday" all day.

We received flowers and cards, we ate cupcakes at work and last night we wrapped ourselves up in her clothes . We look at pictures, we MISSED you!

I've been thinking about your birthday in heaven. To have both parents with you again:) aunt maime finally sharing another one with you. The music was probably amazing, the cake divine!
And I pray you still heard our birthday wishes .

2 comments:

  1. Jessie,
    Just wanted to tell you that I am praying for you and love you. Got to hang out with Jacob this weekend when I was in Fbks for two days. It was good to see him. Its been a really long time. Thinking about you.
    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute story about her:) I love the accent. You're all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete