Friday, August 6, 2010

Healing rain..



Our small town of Soldotna has recieved so much rain this year. The Sun will peak and tease us for a few hours and then be gone...dark grey sky remain appearing as if there was never a sun at all.
After the months of "struggles" I have experienced recently I have felt like sunshine would be the cure. Everything looks better in the sunlight. I feel hope is closer and my eyes look through a happiness screen.
Yet....rain,rain....rain.
Today, looking out at the rain pattering hard on the lake and on our porch steps a strange word came into my thoughts "healing"...If you think about it rain causes you to slow down...physically,mentally....leaving only time for your thoughts,a time to process hurts,regrets, to soul search.
Our Heavenly Father chose rain to clean the earth in the time of Noah, to heal the land from wickedness and start afresh.
So much healing needs to be done in me. I am broken and hurt. My loved ones need to heal. Can I deny that this rainy summer is not for a reason? I suppose as long as I use this to my benefit, then it is purpose. I believe in Healing Rain...

Healing rain is coming down
It's coming nearer to this old town
Rich and poor, weak and strong
It's bringing mercy, it won't be long

Healing rain is coming down
It's coming closer to the lost and found
Tears of joy, and tears of shame
Are washed forever in Jesus' name

Healing rain, it comes with fire
So let it fall and take us higher
Healing rain, I'm not afraid
To be washed in Heaven's rain

Lift your heads, let us return
To the mercy seat where time began
And in your eyes, I see the pain
Come soak this dry heart with healing rain

And only You, the Son of man
Can take a leper and let him stand
So lift your hands, they can be held
By someone greater, the great I Am

Healing rain, it comes with fire
So let it fall and take us higher
Healing rain, I'm not afraid
To be washed in Heaven's rain

To be washed in Heaven's rain...

Healing rain is falling down
Healing rain is falling down
I'm not afraid
I'm not afraid...

No comments:

Post a Comment